I celebrate each hump day with “Wendy’s Wednesday Challenge” questions. I text family and close friends silly what-if questions as way to say hello and check-in without having to ask the dreaded “how are you doing?”
I’ve learned a bit from these QOTW texts: some friends think a solar-powered tiny house is “one thing” they can take to a desert island, one of my best friends things a road-trip is a drive-to-get-where-you’re-going-as-fast-as-you-can-no-bathroom-stops assignment, and one of my brothers would have been an awesome contest on the game show, The Mole.
If you want to try a similar check-in, here are some of the questions I’ve used recently:
- How are you feeling today in three emoji or less?
- If you could go on a road-trip with any three people, living or dead, fictional or real, who would you travel with?
- If you had to go to an isolated island for a month, where would your island be (tropical, lake, etc), and what three things would you take with you? I’ll give you seasonally appropriate clothes, sunscreen, bug spray, water and a Swiss Army knife. you cannot ask for anything to get you off the island, like a boat.
- You MUST go on a game show: what game show do you choose, and if it’s a team game, who do you take with you?
- If you could have a super power, what super power would you choose?
Let me know if you decide to play along!